Tuesday, 31 May 2011

flange.

Today, I asked Chris to the flange of top side that how it going to be done because I knew it but wasn't quite sure. Chris explained to me as he was sketching. I like this. First of all, we talked about the purpose of the flange. I was thinking it's supporting things when we attach something. For example, if we attach deck to hull, we need to something hold it otherwise it might fall down or crush, so we made temporary flanges and then we are going to cove it underneath as well as glss laminate. We also talked about problem solving. Chris told me that it is typical teaching style of kiwi. When they working on something, they always try to think and challenge for solving problems themselves. However it is unsual to me because we were educated follow teacher. They nomally tell us what to do something and we don't have many question and challenge during the class. Anyway I realised that this way improve our problem-solving as well as creativity.
In addition, we don't forget the knowledge well and to be able to keep that memory for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment